Nicole Stark is the proud owner of the inaugural ANZ Women in Games Award for Creative Inspiration. She’s held senior positions on a variety of shipped game titles with project sizes ranging from triple A console to indie mobile. She’s had her surfing animations praised by an Australian champion surfer and her Barbie costume designs praised by Mattel.
In 2012 Nicole formed Disparity Games with her husband and four daughters. Based in the heart of paradise, Noosa, they make serious games with silly names.
Professional Speaker (I have been paid for speaking at events), Frequent Public Speaker, Frequent Panellist, Small Speaking events (Less than 50 attendees), Medium Speaking events (50-200), Large Speaking events (201-2000), Discussion Groups, I would be interested in being contacted about Speaking at Events, I would be interested in being contacted about being on a panel
- Panellist, The Future of the Queensland Games Scene, QLD Library 2013
- Pecha Kucha Presenter, QLD Library 2013
- Speaker, GCAP 2013, “I Hate your Face, how to work with the people you love and still love the people you work with”
- Panellist, Women in Games, PAX Aus 2014
- Panellist, Grow up and take Responsibility, PAX Aus 2014
- Moderator, Political Proactivism for Geeks, PAX Aus 2014
- Speaker, Animex 2015, Teesside University, Middlesbrough UK
- Panellist, Challenging authorship, challenging audiences, NetWorkPlay 2015
- Panellist, Empathy Games – All the Feels, PAX East 2015
- Guest Lecturer, What I Really Do series, SAE Creative Media Institute, 2015
I mentor for CoderDojo, Tech Girls are Superheroes, Robogals, Digital Diva’s or a similar org